Hudson’s Bay Netherlands Announces Its Brand Portfolio
Premium brands and Dutch designers create limited edition products
June 14, 2017 – Today, Hudson’s Bay Netherlands is excited to reveal its brand portfolio as it prepares to open stores in ten Dutch cities later this year. With a matrix that includes TOPSHOP, TOPMAN, CK Jeans, Opening Ceremony, The Kooples, Nike, Rika, Love Stories, MAC, Aveda, Vedder & Vedder, Vitra and HAY, Hudson’s Bay is positioned to become the ultimate fashion destination for Dutch shoppers. MidAugust, Hudson’s Bay will open its first store on the Rokin in Amsterdam, with the grand celebration scheduled for 19 September. When it comes to its customers – or guests, as
Hudson’s Bay sees them – this new department store sets itself two essential goals: to continually surprise its guests with fantastic fashion, beauty, home and lifestyle products and to take customer service to the next level, making every single guest feel truly special. A unique aspect of this formula is the stores’ flexible design, enabling ongoing adjustment to continually surprise the guests and cater to their needs. In addition, the brand portfolios in each city are specifically tailored to address local tastes.
The product range is a mix of American premium brands, European brands and up-and-coming national and international brands, such as:
- Fashion: International brands like Topshop/Topman, Tommy Hilfiger, HUGO, CK jeans, Armani AX and Polo Ralph Lauren; athleisure brands such as DKNY and Puma; contemporary labels like Theory, American Vintage, The Kooples, VINCE and Opening Ceremony; and up-and-coming local brands such as Anecdote, Essentiel and Krakatau. The range also includes Dutch denim brands like Scotch & Soda, G-Star and Denham.
- Shoes: The huge sneaker department includes Nike, Adidas and New Balance. There is also an extensive range of international brands such as Sam Edelman, Nine West, UGG and Kennel & Schmenger and Dutch labels like Floris Van Bommel.
- Handbags: International brands like Kate Spade, Rebecca Minkoff and Tory Burch, and up-and-coming brands such as Atelier de L’Armée, WANT Les Essentiels and Rika. The vintage concept LXR and Co is the jewel in the crown of the handbag department, featuring iconic vintage bags by labels like Louis Vuitton and Hermès.
- Lingerie: Calvin Klein, Falke, Wolford, Björn Borg, Love Stories, Vanity Fair and Underprotection.
- Beauty: Iconic brands such as MAC and Urban Decay as well as exciting newcomers like L:A Bruket, Bumble and Bumble, Grown Alchemist, Marie-Stella-Maris, Laboratorio Olfattivo and Penhaligon’s. Aveda will also open salons in 3 of the 10 stores.
- Jewellery and watches: Exclusive launches by Karl Lagerfeld, Olivia Burton, Estella Bartlett and BaubleBar and brands such as Cluse, Fromanteel and Movado. This category also includes budding young designers like The Boyscouts, Sotine, Charlotte Wooning and Vedder & Vedder.
- Kids: Vingino, Bellerose, Nike, GOSOAKY, LOOXS, and Brian + Nephew.
- Home and Lifestyle: Vitra, HAY, Paperchase and an exclusive collaboration with Delicious on both food and nonfood products. Dyson will actively seek to interact with the guests in the home and beauty department via ‘experience units’, where specialists are constantly showcasing new products.
This vast range of top brands is key to Hudson’s Bay positioning as a premium department store in which service and guest experience are paramount. All of the stores will feature STUDIOS: special areas featuring a diverse variety of partnerships and brand launches to surprise its guests time and time again. The STUDIOS will also shine a spotlight on young talent.
Numerous national and international brands featured at the store have also developed limited editions exclusively for Hudson’s Bay. These items are included in the collection entitled ‘The Limiteds’, with the iconic coloured stripes of Hudson’s Bay creatively blended into the products. Jacco van der Steen, Director of Marketing and Procurement at Hudson’s Bay Netherlands: ‘We closely collaborate with the iconic brands in our portfolio. For example, Karl Lagerfeld designed a bag for us and G-Star created a special line of Hudson’s Bay jeans. Brands such as Zoe Karssen, Swatch and Vitra are also featured in The Limiteds. We also called on some of the most talented young trendsetters in the Netherlands to add exclusive new designs to the collection: a dress by David Laport, a crystallised vase by Isaac Monte and Jordy van den Nieuwendijk created an illustration of his hand.’ All of the products featured in The Limiteds are individually numbered limited editions. Items from the collection can be reserved via the Hudson’s Bay app and will be available in the stores as of the dates of the official openings.
You can use the Hudson’s Bay app to find daily news and updates about the stores, collections, opening ceremonies and job vacancies and, as of autumn 2017, you will be able to shop via the app. Guests can also use the app to sign up to the loyalty programme: Club Hudson’s Bay. Club members will receive points for every purchase they make in the stores, the web shop or the app, which they can exchange later for a variety of rewards. The app is available for both iOS and Android devices.
About Hudson’s Bay
Hudson’s Bay Company, incorporated in 1670, is North America’s oldest company and one of the fastest growing department store retailers in the world. Hudson’s Bay has grown to become Canada’s most prominent department store, today operating 90 full-line locations and thebay.com. For the first time since the banner’s inception, Hudson’s Bay will open outside of Canada with 10 new stores in the Netherlands in 2017, and an online shopping destination at hudsonsbay.nl. This expansion will introduce a new and exciting shopping experience in the Netherlands, catering to the food concepts. It is part of the Hudson’s Bay Company brand portfolio.