Saks Delivering for Customers Through the 2021 Holiday Season
Introduces Saks Luxury Pulse Survey
NEW YORK - November 12, 2021 - Saks, the premier luxury ecommerce platform, is sharing the steps it is taking to deliver an exceptional holiday shopping experience this year. With the best fashion and services, the company is well-positioned to meet Saks Fifth Avenue customers' high demand for fashion and luxury goods throughout this holiday season.
Saks CEO, Marc Metrick, said, “Since the beginning of the year, our team has been working to prepare for the ever-important peak holiday season. As the year progressed, it became clear that customers would be ready to celebrate with gifts and gatherings - especially after last year’s curtailed holiday celebrations. Knowing this, we went big this season, investing in an unmatched assortment of luxury fashion, beauty and lifestyle products. We’re ready to meet our customers’ holiday shopping needs and look forward to delivering all that they need for everyone on their list.”
Luxury Consumers Shopping Earlier and Seeking Fashion
According to the Saks Luxury Pulse, a survey of luxury shoppers, consumers are planning to spend, shopping earlier, dressing for casual gatherings and giving the gift of fashion this year. Highlights from the survey’s findings include:
- Eighty percent of consumers plan to spend the same or more than they did last year.
- A third of respondents started holiday shopping as early as October (33%) followed by those who will start in November before Thanksgiving (23%).
- Nearly half of customers surveyed said that clothes and accessories are their most wanted items for gift giving and receiving (49%), followed by beauty and fragrance (35%).
- When picking the right gift, almost half plan to buy toys and games (47%), followed by gift cards (36%), and clothes and accessories (31%).
- In terms of holiday attire, 45% of luxury shoppers will purchase new clothing for gatherings, with nearly half of those respondents (49%) embracing elevated casual looks for these occasions.
Offering the Best Luxury and Fashion for the Holidays and Beyond
Saks Fifth Avenue customers will be delighted by the robust, fashion-forward merchandise assortment available through saks.com and its mobile app. The luxury ecommerce platform made a significant inventory investment to ensure it is able to meet anticipated high demand throughout the holiday season.
Saks Chief Merchandising Officer, Tracy Margolies, added, “We’ve worked throughout the year to evolve and expand our total merchandise offering while maintaining the curation and fashion authority for which Saks is known. Today’s luxury consumer has a desire for the best fashion along with those items that can complement their lifestyle, such as health and wellness products, kids apparel and accessories - including toys and games - as well as home decor. We’re excited to bring new brands, styles and categories to Saks as we solidify our position as the ecommerce destination for all things luxury during the holidays and beyond.”
To help customers navigate holiday shopping,Saks’ annual holiday gift guide is available on saks.com and in Saks Fifth Avenue stores. It features a curated selection of must-have gifts across women’s, men’s and kids’ apparel and accessories, as well as the jewelry, beauty and fragrance and home categories. The guide also includes once-in-a-lifetime experiences, such as:
- A specially curated weekend trip to New York City to view the iconic Rockefeller Center Tree Lighting ceremony from the rooftop of the Saks Fifth Avenue flagship store.
- The opportunity for a kid to be featured in an upcoming photoshoot for the Saks Fall 2022 kids’ campaign.
- A custom piece of jewelry to be created alongside Sharon Khazzam, an award-winning jewelry designer.
- A custom ready-to-wear look made together with revered designer Jason Wu.
- A private lunch with actor Eric McCormack at L’Avenue at Saks in New York City or at a Los Angeles restaurant along with two tickets in exclusive producers’ seats at a Broadway production or touring Broadway production at a theater in Los Angeles.
Purchases of Saks’ exclusive experiential gifts support the Saks Fifth Avenue Foundation’s mission of making mental health a priority in every community, or the Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS organization. To view the full list of holiday experiences, visit saks.com/holidayexperiences.
Making it Easy with Exceptional Service Offerings
Saks offers a seamless shopping experience whenever and wherever customers prefer to shop this holiday season with services including:
- Saks Stylists: Stylists are available to assist Saks Fifth Avenue customers with personalized recommendations for holiday attire with no minimum spend required. Customers may contact stylists at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Holiday Gift Concierge: Customers can contact email@example.com for complimentary gifting-specific assistance with no minimum spend required.
- Buy Online Pick Up in Store: Customers can place an order on saks.com and pick it up at their nearest Saks Fifth Avenue store.
- Manhattan Same-Day Delivery: Manhattan-based shoppers can take advantage of Saks’ same-day delivery service for last-minute holiday shopping.
About the Saks Luxury Pulse
The Saks Luxury Pulse is an online survey of luxury consumers’ attitudes on shopping, spending and fashion trends. It is based on responses from 1,415 U.S.-based respondents over age 18 with an average household income of at least $200,000 and was fielded between October 15-19, 2021.
Saks is the premier luxury ecommerce platform, driven by a mission to help Saks Fifth Avenue customers express themselves through relevant and inspiring style. Through its website and app, Saks offers a highly personalized experience and an expertly curated assortment of fashion, as well as professional stylists and fresh editorial content. The company is redefining luxury shopping with a digital-first service model and a seamless connection to an extraordinary network of 41 Saks Fifth Avenue stores across North America. Follow @saks on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter, and @thesaksman on Instagram.